Memorial University Press is the leading academic publisher in Atlantic Canada. Our mandate is to publish scholarship about the society, culture and economy of Newfoundland and Labrador, as well as the broader Atlantic Canadian and North Atlantic regions. While academic excellence is the foundation of Memorial University Press, and all our work undergoes rigorous peer review, we particularly welcome manuscripts that also have wide public appeal. We consider both research and research-creation-based projects.
We encourage you to browse our recent catalogues to get a sense of what we publish.
We will not consider manuscripts currently being considered by another publisher.
Why publish with us?
• We have a well-established reputation for academic excellence.
• We have a 55-year history of publishing cutting edge research about the North Atlantic region.
• We provide a high level of author engagement and collaboration.
• We offer outstanding editing, design, marketing, and publicity.
• We achieve short and flexible production timelines.
If you have an idea for a book, please contact Academic Editor, Dr. Fiona Polack (firstname.lastname@example.org). If it looks like your project might be a good fit for Memorial University Press, she will ask you to submit a formal book proposal.